Ultimate Explorer Guide for Kids presents straightforward advice on what every explorer must know if they are to survive the most daunting challenges the world has to offer. The ultimate adventures are gleaned from the author's travels around the world. He packs every page with the priceless knowledge he has gained over the years.
- "Watch Out!" warnings and danger alerts
- "What To Wear" checklists
- "How To" advice (such as how to spear a fish)
- Equipment essentials (like anti-leech socks)
- "Did You Know" sidebars describing the animals adventurers may encounter
- Interesting facts, such as the experiences of record-breaking explorers, like British explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes who cut off the tops of his own fingers in a vise rather than endure the pain of frostbite for one more minute
- Explorer Q+A's, where the author describes his own lifetime of exploring
- Author Q+A's.
Ultimate Explorer Guide for Kids is no replacement for the real thing but quite possibly it will inspire would-be explorers to dream about their own adventures in the not-so-distant future.
Publisher: Firefly Books
Author: Justin Miles
Dimensions: 5" X 8" X 5/16"
Publication Date: July 30, 2015
Copyright Year: 2015
The shipping cost will be waived if you purchase and pick up the book in person. Our office is located at:
802-1166 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We accept credit card, cash or cheque.